Pokemon RP Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon RP Knights

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Moneymaker's back ache

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

Moneymaker's back ache Empty
PostSubject: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Veryn had arrived at Burkham, his back was aching from all the pulling he had done, and his legs felt like they were on fire once more. He had a tarp over the cart, hoping nobody would notice the two pokemon he was carrying up the winding streets. He climbed up Burkham to the tavern where he had met his contact. He wondered if he could fetch a pretty penny for Rotom and Porygon.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:33 pm

At the bar, Ulrich's distinctive shield could be seen from the door. It definitely stood out, as it was probably the most keenly polished object in the entire establishment, the barkeep's bald spot ranking in at a close second. There was a seat next to Ulrich that was unoccupied and he was apparently making light conversation with some of the other patrons, as if waiting for something more pressing to come along.
Back to top Go down
https://fmirp.rpg-board.net
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Veryn walked up and sat on the stool, he looked haggard, worn-down and tired. He was also covered in sweat. "I found a couple lost pokemon." He said to Ulrich. "A Porygon and a Rotom." He said, wiping the sweat off his brow. He was tired. "What can you give me for them?" He said. If he couldn't get enough for Rotom, than he decided to try and tame it. He thought it would be a valuable pet. If the pay-out was enough, however, he would surely sell it.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

When Ulrich looked over to you, he had difficulty hiding his surprise, "Well, you look like you've been working hard for the common good! Here's a few coin to get a nice room. Grab your things and we can discuss the return of those lost pokemon to their rightful owners. I'll wait at third door on the right, second floor. It's protocol, you know?" With that, he placed seven coins on the counter in front of you, the exact cost to rent the room that Ulrich mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Veryn thanked Ulrich. "Sir." He said to the man behind the counter. "I'd like to rent a room for the night." He slid the seven coins towards the bar keeper. Veryn appreciated the generosity, and the donation meant there was a good offer to be had.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:53 pm

"Alright, now that that's settled, I'll wait upstairs to get teh door for you when you bring up your things for the evening. Few things compare to a warm bed after hard work, right friend?" Leaving the bar, Ulrich went upstairs to wait for you to bring up the proposed merchandise as well as anything else you needed for a stay at the inn. "Consider this part to be payment for your time, the reward for your effort is yet to be determined."
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Veryn went outside and grabbed both cages, the tarp hanging over both to conceal the pokemon inside. He would take the two pokemon, which were hopefully asleep and exhausted as he was, up to the room to show them to Ulrich.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:59 pm

Ulrich opened the door to your room with a gentlemanly flourish and stepped inside. "Alright, so, I see some shock wounds on you so I assume you visited the old dynamo? That'll work well for us, since the wealthy folk love to think they're scientists as they play with the latest technology, so what have we in these cages?" His demeanor changed slightly now that you were in private, seeming slightly more like the clever rogue that his close associates knew him to be than the dashing gentleman he meant everyone else to know him as.
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:02 pm

Veryn put the two cages on the ground, pulling off the tarp to reveal Porygon and Rotom. He was glad he hadn't been shocked on his way up the stairs... "Porygon and Rotom I believe." He said. "This Rotom had posessed Porygon, so they may be worth more in a pair." Veryn was already haggling, although he hoped Ulrich did not notice it.
Back to top Go down
Togamau
Admin
Togamau

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Ulrich raised an eyebrow, "Technically speaking, friend, these aren't worth anything until I manage to sell them, together or not. I buy these from you here in hopes of finding someone else to sell them to myself. Don't ask me why rich kids don't want to just buy them from the guys that wrangled them; what's important is that I can sell these to people and you can sell these to me. Now, to business..."

Ulrich took a moment to square up the catches you brought in, "Porygon, find them all the time in the dynamo, but -only- in the dynamo; a good find since they also make good housepets since they don't think much of escaping on their own. I think I'll be able to pay you somewhere around 25 gold pieces for this one. Rotom, an aspiring scientist's dream come true, if they can get it to hold still. Infinitely fascinating creatures that can do amazing parlor tricks, only trouble is trying to keep it from causing trouble. In burkham, you'll have trouble selling them fresh from the field but a tame one will net you some serious cash in the hundreds of pieces. If you're desperate to sell the thing, the engineering guild in redsill would kill to get their hands on a rotom for their experiments. Here's the deal, I'll offer you 25 gold for your porygon. I don't think I could buy the rotom in its current condition. Any questions before we settle this with a handshake?"
Back to top Go down
Chitin
Narrator
Chitin

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 10:47 pm

Veryn shook the man's hand, he was displeased he couldn't sell Rotom. He sold Porygon. "Thanks for the business."

After the deal, Veryn would enter his room and sleep, he was exhausted. He went outside and secured his cart for the night, bringing his trunk inside. The two cages and everything he owned were now in his room, including Rotom as he hopped on the bed and went to sleep. Tommorow he would head towards Redsill, which was a great deal away. "Ohhh my aching back." He said, thinking of the trip he would have to take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moneymaker's back ache   Moneymaker's back ache Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moneymaker's back ache
Page 1 of 1